Brooker Engineering is a mid-size engineering firm located in downtown Suffern, New York and Mahwah, New Jersey. We offer expertise in multiple civil engineering disciplines including land development, municipal, structural, surveying and stormwater management. We provide our clients with a wide range of services, designed to follow project design from surveying and permitting, design, approvals and construction inspections.
We recognize that our employees are our most valuable assets. Our current open positions offer an opportunity to work with a great team, and join a successful growing organization with a reputation for high quality work and top notch employees. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, including retirement plan, a flexible work environment and professional advancement opportunities.
Current Open Positions
Site/Civil Staff Engineer
We currently are seeking candidates for an entry to mid-level engineering position in our land development department. Responsibilities include assisting senior level engineers with project administration, project specifications, design work and inspections. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing site plans,
- Preparing submissions and associated calculations for reports for stormwater, sanitary sewer, water service, flood hazard areas, soil erosion, etc.
- Interfacing with clients by phone, in writing and in person, communicating and establishing expectations,
- Coordinating and managing their daily activities/scheduling of various assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- 0 to 3 years experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- FE/EIT Certification
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office helpful.
- Experience with HydroCAD, HEC-RAS and Geo-RAS helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Self-disciplined/motivated individual who also works well in a team environment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Structural Engineering Project Manager
This position is for a full-time structural engineering project manager. Candidates must have a minimum of four years’ experience in the structural design of high rise, low rise, residential, commercial, and institutional facilities.
Seeking a self-motivated structural engineer that will be responsible for executing various engineering projects from start to finish with limited supervision. Work will require independent problem solving, decision making and the implementation of standard engineering procedures. The qualified candidate will coordinate structural engineering design with other design team members including junior engineers, client, and field personnel.
- Working on all phases of design of buildings and related structures
- Coordinate structural design details with architectural and MEP designs
- Perform structural analysis of various building elements comprised of reinforced structural steel, concrete, masonry and wood for both gravity and lateral load conditions
- Slab and floor system design, column design, wall design
- Lateral Analysis & Design
- Review shop drawings and respond to RFI’s
- Field Visits during construction phase
- Directly interface with clients, architects and contractors at project meetings
- Manage junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a structural concentration
- Experience with finite element structural software programs
- PE license preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of local Building Codes including NYS and NYC
- Working knowledge of Revit, Autocad, Finite Element Analysis, Microsoft Word
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Construction Inspector/Engineering Technician
Brooker Engineering is currently seeking a full time Construction Inspector/Engineering Technician centrally based in the Rockland County area and surrounding counties. May include traveling to New York City boroughs.
- Responsible for the inspection and administrative functions associated with construction related projects, including but not limited to roadway construction and resurfacing, drainage collection and treatment systems, wastewater collection systems, water distribution, site grading and erosion control.
- Monitor contractor operations and verify conformance with project plans and specifications.
- Prepare detailed daily reports, correspondence, review change orders, periodic payment estimates, quantity computations, and prepare final project closeout documentation.
- Gather data and measurements to be used in the completion of checklists and quality assurance of various construction activities, including utilizing a GPS device.
- Ability to work and manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills (e.g. tact/diplomacy, persuasion, cooperation, ability to motivate others).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; attention to details.
- Experience with State, County and Federal Projects desired.
- Ability to read plans and specifications, complete daily work reports
- Must be detail oriented and capable of preparing and maintaining accurate records and documents.
- Ability to review and comprehend regulations, laws and details
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2 years post high school education
- 2 years+ work experience in the field
- Must be dedicated and willing to learn
- Previous utility experience a plus
- NICET certification a plus, but not mandatory
- Position requires employee to work in potentially dangerous surroundings, and they must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid drivers’ license
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Brooker Engineering offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health and dental
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Simple IRA retirement plan